Search engine marketing techniques have evolved far beyond the optimization of written content, blogs and articles by SEO San Jose. YouTube, the video sharing site purchased by Google for $1.65 billion in 2006, is by far the best known of these internet marketing alternatives but certainly not the only venue for sharing content that isn’t text-based. “Podcasts” are digital media files which can be distributed over the web using syndicated feeds for playback on portable media players, laptops, and personal computers. One of the biggest misconceptions of podcasts is that, despite their name, they are not the exclusive domain of Apple’s line of IPods.
Podcasts have several benefits that businesses contemplating SEO/SEM campaigns should consider:
* Open access – Podcasts, much like videos on YouTube, can be created and distributed by anyone.
* Ease of broadcasting – On sites like Blog Talk Radio, audio only podcasts can be produced and uploaded to the site by logging in and then doing the broadcast by speaking into the phone. Let it be said that the quality of podcasts done in this barebones manner can be uneven so upgrading to a higher standard of equipment might be advisable at some point.
* Affordability – The low cost of equipment necessary for quality production has made it possible for podcasts to be created and distributed by even the smallest of companies. Geared up with miniature video camera like the Flip Camcorder and USB condenser microphone, quality production podcasts can be done for a total tab of approximately $300. In addition to podcasting sites, these media files can also be uploaded to video broadcasting sites like YouTube or Vimeo.
Podcasting for businesses not only provides another venue option to deliver content, it delivers that content to a desirable demographic. According to a study by Arbitron and Edison Research on podcast consumers:
* 63% of podcast listeners had attended college and 21% had earned advanced degrees
* Over 60% of podcast listeners earned over $50,000 per year.
* Additionally, a Knowledge Storm survey of 3900 IT and business professionals found that 60% of B2B buyers preferred their research in podcast format over white papers and analyst reports because podcasts made the material more interesting.
SEO SAN JOSE delivers search engine optimization and marketing solutions using a broad range of resources.